The PS4 has been around for a while now, but when did the PS4 come out? The console first launched back in November 2013, and in that time, there have been several different iterations released. While each of these models may have slightly different features, their primary function remains the same: to give gamers the ultimate gaming experience. The first iteration of the PS4 came with a 500 GB hard drive as standard and cost $399. A Digital Camera model launched later in November with a camera included as standard and a one terabyte hard drive for $499. Later came another version that also included an additional controller at no extra cost (this is now standard with all new models).
In addition to this, we’ve also seen special editions of the console such as the Gold and Glacier White versions which were released in September 2016 to celebrate two years since launch.
What’s Different About The PS4?
There are a variety of different features that come with the PS4 console. Some of the key ones include:
- Remote Play: This feature allows you to play your PS4 games on other devices such as your PC or iPhone. This means that if you’re somewhere with a more limited selection of games, you can still play your favorites.
- Share Play: This feature allows you to share your game with a friend who has less experience in gaming. For example, if you’re in the middle of a particularly difficult level, you can invite a friend to play along with you so they can learn as they go.
- PlayStation VR: This is a virtual reality headset that immerses you in the game to give you a truly unique gaming experience.
- Cloud storage: This means that you can save your games to a cloud server so that you can access them from any device. This means that you can play on your PS4 at home and then continue on your laptop on the train home.
What Is The Processor Speed In The PS4?
The processor speed in the PS4 is 2.1 gigahertz. This is almost twice as fast as that in the PS3, with Sony keen to ensure that the PS4 is more efficient and faster than their last console. This is important since the processor speed will determine how quickly your console can load games and how quickly it can respond to your commands. If you’re looking to buy a new console, the processor speed is something you’ll want to research thoroughly since it will have a direct effect on how your games run. A higher processor speed will lead to higher frame rates and smoother gameplay.
When Did the Slim Version Come Out?
The first iteration of the PS4 is the console that most people would have bought when the console first came out. However, Sony quickly realized that they could make a slimmer version of the console and make it more accessible to a wider audience. – The Slim version of the PS4 came out in 2016 and was much smaller than the original model. This allowed Sony to make it more appealing. – The Slim version also came with a reduced hard drive size of 1 terabyte. This was likely done to keep the price of the console down and make it more accessible to a wider audience. – Apart from a slimmer console and less hard drive space, the Slim version is almost identical to the original PS4.
When Did the PS4 Pro Come Out?
The PS4 Pro is a more powerful version of the PS4 that Sony released in 2016. While the PS4 Slim is designed for people who want a slimmer, cheaper console, the PS4 Pro is designed for people who want better gameplay. The PS4 Pro has a higher processor speed than the Slim console and is designed to be able to play games in 4K resolution. However, not all PS4 games will automatically be able to play in 4K on the Pro. This means that if you’re looking for a console that is able to play games in 4K, then the PS4 Pro is a good option. The PS4 Pro is also a lot more expensive than the Slim model, so it’s not an option for everyone. If you want to play games in 4K, then the PS4 Pro is the best option.
Should You Buy The Slim Version of the PS4 Instead?
As we’ve already discussed, the Slim version of the PS4 is a cheaper, slimmer version of the console. This means that it’s a good option if you’re looking for a cheaper console that’s also smaller.
- However, as the Slim model only has a one terabyte hard drive as standard, you may find yourself having to upgrade it after a couple of years.
- One other thing to bear in mind is that the Slim version of the PS4 does not come with a PlayStation VR headset. This means that if you want to use this virtual reality headset, you’ll either have to buy the original model of the PS4 or the PS4 Pro.
- If you’re looking to save money on a PS4 console, then the Slim model is the best option for you.
- If you’re looking for the best version to play games in 4K, then you’ll have to buy the PS4 Pro.
Should You Wait to Buy the PS5 Instead?
The PS4 has been around for a while now so many people are wondering when the PS5 will come out. While there is no official release date for the PS5, many are predicting that it will come out somewhere around 2020. – If you’re looking to buy a new console now, then you’re best waiting until a new model is released. This is because the new version is likely to be leaps and bounds better than the PS4. – If you’re looking to buy a console now and you’re not interested in the latest model, then the PS4 is perfect for you. You’ll get an excellent gaming experience and all of the latest games at a fraction of the price of the latest model.
The PS4 is one of the best consoles you can buy and it’s still going strong after several years. If you’re looking for a console that gives you the ultimate gaming experience, then the PS4 is a great option. If you’re looking to buy a new console, then you can’t go wrong with the PS4. You can choose between different models to find the one that best suits your needs and budget.