What is a Nonimmigrant Employment Visa, and How can a Lawyer Help You Get It?

Nonimmigrant Employment Visa

If you aspire to work in the United States, you may need to apply for a nonimmigrant or Trade National visa. This visa allows you to come to the United States temporarily to work. The TN visa is available to Canadianor Mexican nationals seeking employment under the NAFTA Treaty. It is among the most popular employment visas for nonimmigrants.

A nonimmigrant employment visa is of various types, and it can be tricky to figure out which one is right for you. That’s where an immigration lawyer comes in. It can help you determine which visa is best for your needs and help you through the application process.

1) What Is a Nonimmigrant Employment Visa?

The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) created special economic and trade relationships between the United States, Canada, and Mexico. TN nonimmigrants are now allowed to engage in business activities at a professional level in the United States. 

It is useful for professionals like:



-Computer Systems Analysts



-Graphic Designers

-Hotel Managers

2) How Can an Immigration Lawyer Help With a Non-Immigrant Employment Visa Application?

According to the USCIS website, obtaining a nonimmigrant visa for employment like a TN visa  can be daunting and time-consuming. An immigration lawyer can help streamline the process by ensuring that all required documentation is in order and guiding the best way to present your case to USCIS.

In addition, an immigration lawyer can represent you in any interactions with USCIS and provide invaluable legal counsel at every step.

If you or someone you know is interested in obtaining this visa, you can contact an experienced immigration lawyer for further assistance.

3) What Are the Different Types of Non-Immigrant Employment Visas?

A nonimmigrant employment visa allows you to come to the United States temporarily to work. One of the popular visas is the TN visa.

The TN visa is solely for citizens of Canada and Mexico who work in certain professions. Here are some essential criteria for the TN visa:

-You must have a job offer from a U.S. employer in one of the qualifying professions

-You must prove that you meet the educational and professional requirements for the position

-You must intend to work in the United States for a temporary period.

4) How to Find the Right Lawyer?

Different types of lawyers specialize in different fields of law. When looking for a lawyer to help you with your visa application, it is important to find a lawyer specializing in immigration law.

Immigration lawyers will have the knowledge and experience needed to help you through the process of getting your visa. They will be able to help you with the paperwork and guide you through the process.

When looking for an immigration lawyer, you can ask for recommendations from friends or family who have been through the process. You can search online for lawyers in your area. Once you have a few options, you should set up consultations with each one to see if they would be a good fit for you.

You should ask about their experience with nonimmigrant employment or TN visas at the consultation. You must also ask about their success rate with getting visas approved. Once you have found a lawyer that you are comfortable with, they will be able to assist you through the process of getting your visa.

Final Words

Obtaining a nonimmigrant employment visa can be confusing whether you are an employer or an employee. Contacting with an immigration lawyer is the best way to ensure you comply with all applicable laws and regulations.

Like it? Share with your friends!