Lean Six Sigma is considered as a set of carefully developed management tools and techniques for enhancing business processes by diminishing the errors. It is primarily a data-based process, process enhancement program that functions to run businesses effectively, through identification of the root cause of errors and enhance the accuracy of process results. It utilizes statistical methods for detecting issues and enhancing processes and this is why the top companies have been looking for professionals with prior experience in Six Sigma or have completed a Lean Six Sigma course.
What is Lean Six Sigma
Lean Six Sigma refers to a set of tools and techniques that is used for enhancing production processes, identifying and removing defects and ensuring quality. A certification is Lean Six Sigma allows professionals to showcase their skills in identifying potential risks, errors, and defects involved in the business processes and taking action to rectify them.
The Lean Six Sigma certification enhances the credibility of professionals and helps them to become an expert in process improvement. Additionally, it shows your ability to deliver sustained quality improvement needed by organizations and monitoring processes to keep the project on track.
Why Lean Six Sigma Gained Immense Popularity?
Lean Six Sigma certifications have become immensely popular these days because of its ability to enhance the analytical skills and business knowledge of professionals, prepare them to become a leader, and maintain a salary package that is competitive. Upon completion of this certification, professionals become competent to contribute to business by coming with cost-effective measures and enhancing revenues through active participation in decision making. Considering the present highly competitive job market, it is highly essential for professionals to complete a certification that can add value to their skillset as well as resume. Therefore by completing a Lean Six Sigma certification, one is able to beat his counterparts and create a niche for himself in the tough job market.
However, having a Lean Six Sigma certification is not enough to survive on the present job market. Additionally, professionals are expected to develop other skills such as an optimistic approach towards a target and its accomplishment, ability to motivate fellow teammates and effectively manage projects, ability to identify, analyze and solve problems, and strong communication skills, good presentation skills, deep understanding of business processes, ability to manage company resources and budgets, dedication and result orientedness.
These days, a broad array of industries use the expertise of Lean Six Sigma professionals such as locomotive, healthcare, electronics, healthcare and businesses. In view of this, the popularity of Lean Six Sigma has increased drastically over the years, inspiring professionals to take up a Lean Sigma course for their career advancement.
Lean Six Sigma Career Opportunities
The Lean Six Sigma certification is offered at the following five levels:
- White belt
- Yellow belt
- Green belt
- Black belt
- Master Black belt
Upon completion of the Lean Six Sigma certification and gaining relevant work experience, you will become a desirable candidate for a majority of job opportunities. In this section, we will be focusing on the type of jobs available after completing different types of Lean Six Sigma certifications.
- White Belt: Professionals with a white belt lean six sigma certification qualify for job positions requiring problem-solving skills. A few such job positions include continuous Improvement engineer, production line manager, senior systems engineer and quality assurance manager.
- Yellow Belt: Upon completion of Lean Six Sigma yellow belt certification, you can get into a job wherein you can share your reviews as process enhancement. Such job titles include business optimization specialist, business process analyst, supply chain manager and continuous improvement manager.
- Green Belt: Professionals with green belt certification often work as project leaders and perform data analysis for back belt projects. Job opportunities after completion of Green Belt certification include process development engineer, data scientist, project manager and senior continuous improvement specialist.
- Black Belt: There are a variety of job opportunities available after completing Lean Six Sigma black belt certification. With this certification, you become competent enough to lead problem-solving projects and guide and train project teams. Some of the potential job opportunities available after Lean Six Sigma black belt include senior business process analyst, operations director, senior project manager and senior continuous improvement leader.
- Master Black Belt: After earning the Master Black Belt certification, you can get involved in jobs that include handling complex business practices and implementation of special process improvement initiatives such as teaching, mentoring and coaching. With this certification, you become eligible to work as Scrum Master and Continuous improvement site leader and Lean process improvement director.
Salary After Lean Six Sigma Certification
After completing a Lean Six Sigma certification, professionals earn around $88,000 to $114,600 annually. While in India, professionals earn around ₹280,000-₹456,000 yearly. This depends purely on the level of certification completed by them and the amount of prior experience they have.
The salary of Lean Six Sigma professionals as per their job title is tabulated below:
|Job Title||Average Salary (USD)|
|Senior Operations Manager||$90,154|
|Supply Chain Manager||$102,250|
|Business Management Consultant||$105,187|
As we have approached the end of the article, we are hopeful that you were able to gain a basic idea of career opportunities that will be available to you upon completing a certification in Lean Six Sigma.